My newest toy is a S.M.S.L AD18 Desktop D-AMP with 80 Watts
I am using this library to implement a simple BLE peripheral on a Raspberry Pi Zero W: https://github.com/noble/bleno
Install and update Raspberrian. Enable ssh and login via ssh.
- install and update Raspberrian. Enable ssh and login via ssh
- install libbluetooth-dev dependency:
sudo apt-get install libbluetooth-dev
- disable bluetooth service in systemd
- get dependencies:
sudo apt-get install bluetooth bluez libbluetooth-dev libudev-dev
- install node v.8 using this link: https://www.muckibu.de/install-nodejs-8-raspberry-pi-using-armv6-package/
- install nodejs and npm:
sudo apt-get install nodejs npm
- install bleno:
npm install -g bleno
I had massive problems with building the bleno. This was likely an issue with the node version as well as outdated dependencies. Here are some of the things I tried, before it started working. It is hard to reconstruct, what made the difference:
- change to node 8.9: https://www.muckibu.de/install-nodejs-8-raspberry-pi-using-armv6-package/
- follow suggestions on: https://github.com/noble/node-bluetooth-hci-socket/pull/91
npm install "https://github.com/jrobeson/node-bluetooth-hci-socket/#fix-builds-for-node-10"
npm install node-hid
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libudev-dev
sudo npm install -g node-gyp
sudo npm install -g node-pre-gyp
- and finally
npm install blenoworked.